Time to Ignite Sales With Proven Promotional Strategies
The first half of 2020 has certainly been challenging. With stay-at-home rules in place across the country, businesses both large and small have experienced unprecedented financial setbacks. Now, as we emerge from our homes, it’s time for merchants to kick start sales and bring in new customers—or bring back existing ones.
The good news for many retailers is that there's a lot of pent-up demand for goods and services. The bad news is that consumers are more price-sensitive than ever, thanks to extended periods of unemployment and under-employment.
Fortunately for you, we have the ideal proven promotional strategy for you to use: rebates. Here are the top six reasons to use rebates—and our rebate processing and fulfillment services—as you fire up sales:
1. Rebates allow you to compete on price (thanks to net-price advertising) while maximizing immediate cash flow and maintaining premium brand perception. Instant discounts do move merchandise, but you erode profit margins today and teach customers to buy only “on sale.”
2. Rebates are powerful tools to drive purchase urgency. Attract new customers and encourage repeat purchases using Visa® or Mastercard® Prepaid Cards that are branded with your logo.
3. During the rebate submission and reward delivery process, you can collect clean customer data, enroll shoppers in your loyalty program, request product reviews and more.
4. Research conducted by the Aberdeen Group in 2018 revealed that reward-based promotions generate 6% greater average profit margin per customer than discounts do.
5. Consumer research conducted by Murphy Research in 2019 found that getting a reward from a brand or retailer would encourage 63% of respondents to spend more with that business—and 65% noted they would purchase more often from the business giving them the rewards.
6. Many rewards can be delivered digitally—making them perfect for consumers who will be slow to emerge from social distancing.
Today's Rebates: Fast, Simple, Valuable
Your customers are savvier than ever, and they expect an easy submission experience that’s personalized to them.
From submission access (mobile, online and mail-in) to reward type (mobile, digital, physical; universal to single merchant), and every touchpoint in between.
Our platforms and products let you deliver the fast experience your customers desire.
Needless to say, your rebate program is an important part of your brand, marketing initiatives and customer acquisition strategy. That’s why we’re here to help you optimize both the customer experience and the marketing value of your rebate management services. Our solutions include surveys, reviews, referrals and loyalty opt-ins. In fact, 81 percent of customers would participate in surveys, reviews, referrals and loyalty opt-ins during the submission process, making rebates a more powerful part of your ongoing marketing initiatives.1
For lower dollar–value rebates—often used in CPG marketing—leverage our aggregated rebate payout option; it makes your program easier for customers and more cost-effective for you. By issuing Visa® or Mastercard® Prepaid Cards featuring your logo, you can turn one-time buyers into repeat customers. It’s a smart promotional strategy that can help increase the lifetime value of your customers by increasing spendback and building loyalty.
97% of shoppers are looking for a deal when they shop
87% are specifically looking for rebates and best-advertised prices
83% think rebates are great savings opportunities
Hawk Incentives is a leader in rebate and promotion processing, fulfillment and customer support.
In 2016, we handled over 36 million rebates and delivered $2 billion dollars in incentives, so you can count on us to have the expertise, scale and stability to partner with you to deliver a better incentive experience.1
Hawk Incentives provides end-to-end solutions, including platforms, rewards and white-glove service.
1Source: A Hawk Incentives rebate experience online survey of 2,001 Americans was completed between February 28 and March 12, 2017, using Leger’s online panel, LegerWeb. A probability sample of the same size would yield a margin of error of +/-2.0%, 19 times out of 20.
Ready to talk rebates and what your needs are? We can help.
As a marketing professional, you know all about rebates. They’ve been around forever; they’re tried and true. Maybe you’re giving more attention these days to other techniques, such as deal apps or loyalty programs. Read the ebook to learn why rebates...
FREE REBATE INSIGHTS
The Hawk Redeem Platform
The promotion and rebate platform that helps you acquire and engage customers. Our platform is designed to launch quickly, allowing us to configure your desired promotional experience easily. Our suite of engagement modules allows you to survey, collect reviews, share socially and launch a referral program all from a single submission.
Dig Deeper into Rebates
See our latest insights related to rebates and making them work better for your goals.